To complete this assignment you must first read Island
of the Blue Dolphins
Answer the following questions and submit them by e-mail when completed.
8. What precautions do the villagers take in case the Aleuts return?
9. Why is Karana so determined to kill all of the dogs on the island? How does she capture the leader?
10. When and why does Karana decide it is safe to sleep in the house with the big grey dog?
11. Why does Karana wait until a few starfish feed before she will gather the abalone?
12. Karana moves her camp and extinquishes her perpetual fire. Why does she do this?
13. What do you believe was the one most important event or thing that helped keep Karana alive?
Once you have completed these questions you must send your answers to your teacher.
© copyright 1997 Bruce Gordon